NW Staffing Resources, a recognized leader in our industry for excellence in customer service to our clients and temporary employees, is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to support our corporate office in Portland, OR.
LOCATION: Downtown Portland, OR
SALARY: $18.00 to $20.00/hour DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
ABOUT NW STAFFING RESOURCES:
– Offices in Washington, Oregon, and California.
– Voted one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon.
– Voted one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Washington.
– Voted one of the top 100 Green Companies to Work for in Oregon.
– Winner of ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing Talent and Client Awards.
– Excellent medical, prescription, dental, and vision plans with employer contributions.
– Company 401(k) match after a year of full-time employment.
– Generous PTO plan with paid holidays.
– Wellness plan, life insurance, disability insurance, and travel assistance.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting our corporate office with general administrative duties and providing excellent customer service to our clients, associates, and fellow staff members. An Administrative Assistant must have exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail, accurate data entry skills, and the ability to assist with multiple projects across departments. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in the staffing industry while growing your skills as an administrative professional! As a leader in our industry, we offer an excellent company culture committed to sustainable business practices and opportunities for growth!
– Providing administrative support to our corporate office, including: answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, ordering office supplies, and maintaining the office space and lunchroom.
– Assisting with responding to employment and wage verification requests, unemployment claims, wage garnishments, and paycheck verifications.
– Data entry for a variety of departments, including assisting with the entry of some payroll, and helping with accounts payable and receivable entries.
– Assisting temporary associates, clients, and staff members by answering questions and providing resources.
– Working on administrative tasks from other departments as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL MEET THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
– 1-3 years of administrative assistant, clerical, or reception experience is preferred.
– 2+ years of excellent customer service experience.
– Strong typing and data entry skills.
– High School Degree is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn software.
– Familiar with general office equipment, including multi-line phone system.
– Excellent and professional communication skills – in-person, over the phone, and in writing.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check upon acceptance of an offer.
– Position will start out as a remote hybrid role with the expectation of working in the office at least one to two days a week until position transitions to working in the office full time.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
NW Staffing Resources is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to reach diverse talent that represents the communities we serve and we are committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination, harassment, and intolerance. Come join a team where individuality is valued and supported. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like a strong fit for you, and a great next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
APPLY NOW! For immediate consideration for this position with NW Staffing Resources, please send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and location in the subject line.