Reasons You Should Check In With Your Recruiter After Your First Day
You got the job, had a great first day and now want to kick up your feet and relax. Before you get too comfy, you should consider checking in with your recruiter. After all, they did help you get the job, they will be eager to know how the day went. Still not sure if you should check in with them? Here are some good reasons to make sure they know just how your first day went:
- A recruiter has a relationship with your employer. If there were any issues, they should know. They may be able to help. Questions about forms, HR issues or even miscommunication, can likely be addressed by your recruiter.
- A recruiter needs to know if the company they are working with is on par. They will want to know if the company lived up to their end of the deal and whether they should continue placing candidates there.
- A recruiter has your back. Did something happen on the first day that took you by surprise? Were you told something by the company and then it didn’t happen? Touching base with your recruiter can help clarify things for you. Maybe you misunderstood or maybe you need to insist on what was agreed upon.
- A recruiter can help you further your career. So let’s say this job is great but you want more. Staying in touch with your recruiter, especially after the first day, will let your recruiter know you are someone they are proud to place. You have ambition and goals, you want to do what it takes for your career.
- A recruiter can give you great career advice. They stay up-to-date with the job market. They will know if companies are on a hiring slow down or increase, they will know the local market and will also know if you are a marketable candidate. Even if you don’t need a job again for awhile, having a recruiter who can advise you, will be beneficial.
- A recruiter wants to know how you are doing. A recruiter who takes pride in their work will want to make sure you are genuinely happy. They will want to hear your thoughts and get your pulse on the company. After all, if you’re happy, they will continue to have a strong working relationship with that company and will have future successes.
Your recruiter is your ally in the job search and even after you’ve landed the job. Keeping them in the loop will benefit you both. With locations in Portland, Clackamas, Beaverton, Everett, and Vancouver, our skilled recruiters are ready to help you take the next step in your career. If you’re excited for a new challenge, call NW Staffing today.